• HOTLINE  02 / 905 - 5555 +380/322-465-075 Search
  • Your search results


    Because of the emergency situation in Ukraine, the Bulgarian Food Safety Agency (BFSA) has established a simplified procedure for entry into the territory of the European Union (EU) through the Republic of Bulgaria of pets accompanying travelers (EU citizens, Ukraine and other countries outside the EU) for non-commercial purposes.

    According to the requirements of the Regulation, pets traveling for non-commercial purposes to EU countries from outside the EU are:

    • identified (microchip);
    • accompanied by a passport;
    • accompanied by a health certificate issued by the veterinary authorities of Ukraine;
    • vaccinated against rabies;
    • availability of antibody titer test against rabies. The test must be carried out on a sample taken by an authorized veterinarian at least 30 days after the date of rabies vaccination and at least three months before the date of movement. The test must measure a serum rabies virus neutralising antibody level equal to or greater than 0.5 IU / ml;
    • treated against Echinococcus multilocularis, performed not more than 120 hours and not less than 24 hours before the time of the planned entry into Bulgaria.

    The simplified procedure enables the owners of animals that do not meet one or more of the conditions to transport them by submitting a notification of entry into the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria or another Member State at the border crossing points.

    In case of animals staying on the territory of Bulgaria, they will be placed under isolation and official control, until the above requirements of the Regulation are met.

    In case of transit through the territory of the country, the BFSA will issue a permit for passage. It will specify the requirement (or requirements) that the pet does not meet in order to notify the Member State of final destination.

    In case of need for additional information, citizens can use the e-mail address: ukraine@bfsa.bg

    If you are settling in Bulgaria you should: 

    If your are just passing through Bulgaria:

    • In case you have entered the territory of the EU through the Border Control Point of the Republic of Bulgaria. Upon arrival, fill in the notification , provided to you by the official veterinarian at the Border Control Point; 
    • If you have entered the territory of the European Union through a Border Control Point located in another Member State. 

    No documents are required for passing through the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.

    For contact and additional information: 0700 122 99, e-mail: ukraine@bfsa.bg

    Frequently Asked Questions

    Compare Listings